GATE 2020 – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level Entry Test that allows applicants can find admission into M. Tech./M.E./PhD Programs in IITs, IISERs, IISc, and other well-known Indian institutes. IISc and IITs are the officials responsible for conducting this rotational examination.
Admission will be given in multiple NITs, IITs, GFTIs, IISc, and other prestigious organizations to skilled applicants. Candidates will also be recruited for the junior engineers in different PSUs using the GATE ratings. We are given full information linked to GATE 2020 in this article.
Aspirants can get complete information about GATE 2020 such as application submission, eligibility, exam centers, etc., exam pattern, are given below.
Summary of GATE 2020 Notification :
Examination Name: GATE 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering )
Organization Name: IIT Delhi
Exam Mode: Computer-Based Mode
Starting Date of Registration: 30-08-2019
Closing Date of Registration: 24-09-2019
Download of Admit Card: 03-01-2020
GATE 2020 Examination: 1st, 2nd, 8th, & 9th February 2020.
Complete Details of GATE 2020 Notification :
Course Wise Eligibility of GATE 2020 :
For International Applicants:
- Applying Aspirants must have completed his/her Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree from relevant science subjects.
- Appearing Aspirants appearing in their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible
For Integrated B.S./M.S or Integrated M.Sc Programme:
- Passed Integrated M.Sc. or 5years Integrated B.S.- M.S. program or currently appearing in the final year
- Appearing Aspirants appearing in the current year are eligible and the year of qualification must not be later than 2020.
For BS/B.Sc (Research) Programme:
- Aspirants must have completed his/her Bachelor’s degree in Science after a Post diploma OR He/she after his/her 10+2 level must have passed with a Bachelor’s degree with a Science stream.
For Integrated M.Tech/ME (Post-B.Sc) :
- Aspirants must have passed 4 years of Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree program in Engineering or Technology from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Aspirants who are currently in their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible to apply. The passing year must not be later than 2022.
For M.Sc/MCA/MA Programme:
- Aspirants must hold a Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics/Science/Computer Applications/Statistics or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Aspirants in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply. The passing year must not be later than 2020.
For B.Tech/ B.Pharm/BE Programme :
- Aspirants must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (not later than the year 2020) after 12th examination OR He/she must have passed with 3 years Bachelor’s degree after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
For B.Arch Programme:
- Applying Aspirants must have passed five years of Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing Candidates who are currently in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply. The passing year must not be later than 2020.
Age limit of GATE 2020:
There is no Upper Age Limit to Apply
Exam Pattern: The question paper will contain a total of 3 sections –
- General Aptitude,
- Engineering Mathematics and Subject Specification Section.
Marking Scheme of GATE 2020:
- For MCQs and NATs, various questions will be of 1 or 2 marks.
- In MCQs of 1 mark, 1/3 marks will be deducted for wrong responses.
- For MCQs of 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- There will be no negative marking for numerical type questions.
- Number of Papers: 25 Papers (Biomedical Engineering is newly added)
- Exam Duration :3 hours
Application Fee of GATE 2020:
- For UR /Other Category Candidates: Rs.1500 /-
- For ST/SC/PWD /Female Candidates: Rs.750/-
- Fee for Extended Application Period :
- For UR/Other Category Candidates: Rs.2000/-
- For ST/SC/PWD/Female Candidates: Rs.1250/-
Selection Process of GATE 2020: Selection will be a Basis on Written Test.
Application Procedure of GATE 2020:
- Go to the official Website http://gate.iitd.ac.in
- Click on the admission portal and register, login.
- Fill all the details in the application form and upload documents& submit.
- Please ensure your eligibility before applying.
- Complete the registration and click on submit.
- Take a printout of the online application for future use
IMPORTANT DATES OF GATE 2020 :
- Starting Date of Registration: 30-08-2019
- Closing Date of Registration: 24-09-2019
- GATE 2020 Examination: 1st, 2nd, 8th, & 9th February 2020.
- Download of Admit Card: 03-01-2020
- Extended Closing Date for Submission of Online Application: 01-10-2019
- Declaration of Results: 16-03-2020.
- GATE Score Card is valid for Three Years from the date of result announcement.
- Indian National and Foreign National Candidates can Apply.
For More Details Visit :